FRIDAY REFLECTIONS: When is Enough…Enough?

February 3, 2012 at 7:33 AM 7 comments

“This is your brain on social media…”

In many ways, this week has been a giant leap forward…

I’ve commented, categorized, tagged, and tweeted like never before. I’ve learned to hyperlink, shortlink, and interlink. I’ve blogged, Facebook’d, gotten LinkedIn, and locked out. I’ve forgotten passwords, invented passwords, and changed passwords…often several times in a row on the same sites.

I’ve copied, pasted, deleted, edited, saved, previewed, and published. I’ve scrolled, scanned, perused, and confused. I’ve emailed, interacted, introduced, and invited. I’ve launched, lunched, linked, and liked. Skype’d, searched, shared, and subscribed. I’ve connected, contributed, followed, and friended. Voted, emoted, promoted, and winked. Replied, denied, blocked, and blinked. I’ve downloaded, defragged, uploaded, and upgraded.

And all for what?

For the chance to make a genuine human connection with those who long for the growing edge. To truly encounter God in the stuff of everyday life, and open ourselves up for the transformation that only He can bring.

It’s all a bit counter-intuitive, I admit. Braving the world of techno-lust in order to embrace the “simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.” Frankly, it’s probably downright impossible, short of the grace of God. So today that’s what I’m praying for. GRACE. Gentle droplets of it. Boatloads of it. Timely infusions, when my soul is parched and depleted from the insatiable drain of the social media giant and my own tendency to get caught up in it.

G-R-A-C-E.

Everything else is just chasing after wind…

Oh Jesus, fill us with Your grace and goodness today. Even our efforts to connect and embrace Your ways are utterly futile without Your help. Fill us to overflowing with that which only You can give, that we might respond with that which only we can choose…only by Your matchless, irreplaceable, we-love-you-because-you-first-loved-us grace.

And thankfully that…and only that…is truly enough.

Happy Friday, dear friends.

Entry filed under: Friday Reflections, Humor, Quality of Life. Tags: , , , , , , , .

MONDAY MUSINGS: Be Still and Know MONDAY MUSINGS: Boiling it Down

• 1. Paul  |  February 3, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Great fun food for thought! (sent from my iPhone)

• 2. Kimosphere  |  February 3, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Thanks! 😀

• 3. Angela Bisignano  |  February 3, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Sounds like you have been learning a lot this week! I think the one of the best things about social media is the ability for connecting with people. It is easy to get to get caught up in it. I hope you find a good balance, enjoy the process, and the opportunities for getting to know people. it can be really exciting, yet at times, seem overwhelming. I like your idea of keeping focused on the simplicity and purity of devotion to Jesus.

• 4. Kimosphere  |  February 3, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Yes, and you have much more experience with all this than I do. You’re right, a good balance and keeping your eyes on Jesus is probably the key. Loving reading your blog too!

• 5. Barbara green  |  February 6, 2012 at 8:42 AM

I have to agree. Sometimes the techno -stuff gets in the way of my love, peace , patience and robs me of joy. But it is also a useful tool for serving the Lord. Oh how I need His grace!

• 6. Kimosphere  |  February 6, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Amen to that! I guess the key is to lean on His grace…so that technology is a tool, and not taskmaster. So good to hear from you. 😀

• 7. Rene Bechtel  |  February 29, 2012 at 1:30 PM

You got a very good website, Gladiola I observed it through yahoo.