FRIDAY REFLECTIONS: Flight of the Bumblebee

February 17, 2012 at 6:59 AM 8 comments

Some say the bumblebee’s flight defies physics. That its tiny wings shouldn’t be able to lift its huge fuzzy body off the ground. But apparently no one’s ever told the bumblebee.  He seems to fly around unencumbered by the impossibility of his plight.

Today I could use a little bumblebee resilience. A little cheerful buzzing that drowns out the naysaying voices inside my head. How about you?

Ever have those days when all you can see is what ISN’T working? Or what couldn’t possibly add up to success? Me too. And believe me, that’s not the day you feel like writing a blog post. Or flying around the garden. Or much of anything.

We all have those days when problems seem big, solutions seem small, and flight seems impossible. Or days when we’re physically just not feeling “up to snuff.” Yet the truth is, even on those days…God can defy the odds. In fact, it’s on those very days that Romans 8:28 flutters its wings and takes flight in the most amazing way:

“And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.”  Romans 8:28 NASB

Where else do you get a guarantee like that?All things work together for good.” All things. Heavy circumstances? Flimsy solutions? Nowhere to go but down?

Yep, exactly.

Apparently God’s creative and redemptive genius didn’t stop with the bumblebee. And on slightly lopsided days like today, I find those fuzzy little creatures a comforting reminder…that when the time is right, God is more than able to lift my wobbly little circumstances off the ground too.

Have a blessed weekend…and happy flying!

Entry filed under: Friday Reflections, Obstacles to Growth. Tags: , , , , , , .

MONDAY MUSINGS: Growth MONDAY MUSINGS: Inching Forward

• 1. Elizabeth Hutchison  |  February 17, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Love this post. Coincidentally, I’m trying to learn flight of the bumblebee on the flute. Needless to say, it’s slow and it seems like it will never sound right. Kind of like life 😉 Great thoughts here to ponder, my friend.

• 2. Kimosphere  |  February 17, 2012 at 2:27 PM

I had no idea you were learning to play that song…what a co-ink-y-dink! Guess we’re both “in the Spirit” more than we knew! Maybe by the time you can play the song, I’ll have mastered Romans 8:28. Okay, maybe not! Thanks for your comment, dear friend.

• 3. Suzie Lind  |  February 17, 2012 at 8:54 PM

What a great picture and how encouraging!

• 4. Kimosphere  |  February 18, 2012 at 6:52 AM

So glad! Bzzzzzzzzzzz…

• 5. Jennifer Turchi  |  February 19, 2012 at 7:33 PM

ah yes! i am the queen bee of flimsy solutions! and flipsy and flopsy are my constant companions. and yet God…GOD!!! in all his infinite wisdom, manages to work all things together for my good. even when the logistics seem to defy all laws of physics.

• 6. Kimosphere  |  February 19, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Ah yes…flimsy and flopsy…I will not soon forget that phrase!! Loved your comment. 😀

• 7. Angela Bisignano  |  February 20, 2012 at 7:52 AM

I love that God works all things together for His good… How encouraging. So even when we have those lopsided days, He is sweet to be our source of encouragement. The plight and flight of a bumblebee is a sweet reminder for me today that we serve an awesome and all powerful God. We can do all things through Him who strengthens us. Thanks for the post Kim!

Liked by 1 person

• 8. Kimosphere  |  February 20, 2012 at 8:33 AM

I love that…the plight and flight of the bumblebee! Yes, He is awesome and faithful, on both our balanced AND lopsided days. Thanks for sharing, Angela!