DAY 1: NaBloPoMo!

November 1, 2014 at 5:31 PM 12 comments

image-4

Yep.

I’m gonna do it.

I’ve decided to dive in…

…to an extension of NaNoWriMo…called NaBloPoMo

(National Novel Writers Month)                    (National Blog Post Month)

It basically boils down to this:

WRITING A BLOG POST A DAY…for the entire month of November.

Sounds easy, right?

Let’s hope so.

Actually for someone who’s also writing a book, preparing for an event, AND the holidays in November, it sounds like plenty.

Yet I’ve decided to do it anyway for three reasons:

1. I’m eager to start blogging again
  2. NaBloPoMo sounds simple and fun
  3. It could be just the momentum-boosting nudge I need…

This month I’m going for short sweet to-the-point blog posts: nothing over 250-300 words! Quite a tall order for a girl with the gift of gab, yet I’m eager for the challenge.

I’ll be joining with other bloggers who are doing the same – so join in if you like! Just click on the NaBloPoMo badge in the lower right-hand sidebar and sign up. I believe entries will be accepted thru November 5. You’ll also find a list of other NaBloPoMo blogs, in case you want to check ’em out.

Blog about what?

As for me, I’m not quite sure WHAT I’ll be blogging about…

Growth in Christ? Absolutely. Learning from life how to live more fully? You betcha.

Yet  which particular aspects of life? Hmm…good question. I’ll have to give that some thought. My guess is some posts may be whimsical and fun while others will delve into the deeper side of life. We’ll see where the month takes us. Either way, I hope you’ll come along for the ride…

Cuz whether we’re laughing, learning, or alternating between the two… there’s nothing quite like “finding the growing edge”…together!

Entry filed under: 2014, Blogging, NaBloPoMo, Uncategorized, Writing. Tags: .

DISCIPLESHIP BOOKS – “Tools for Your Toolbelt” DAY 2: WHAT IF?

• 1. Michelle Bengtson  |  November 1, 2014 at 6:24 PM

A blog a day is quite a challenge!! Especially with real life beckoning. Good luck!

• 2. Kimosphere  |  November 4, 2014 at 7:13 AM

Thanks Michelle…or should I say Panda Michelle?!

• 3. Michelle Bengtson  |  November 4, 2014 at 10:31 AM

I’m joining you on the Nablopomo challenge! Wish me luck!

• 4. Kimosphere  |  November 4, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Awesome – way to go! 😀

• 5. Kimosphere  |  November 4, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Hope it’s a good shot in the arm for both of us – it has been for m so far!

• 6. shine2911  |  November 1, 2014 at 7:43 PM

Kim, you are beautiful and can’t wait to see what God will do!

• 7. Kimosphere  |  November 4, 2014 at 7:12 AM

Thanks so much! I’m looking forward to it too…

• 8. Jenny Noyes  |  November 2, 2014 at 6:24 AM

Quite a challenge, but if anyone can do it, you can! Nothing like setting a goal and making it public to give you the accountability to make it happen!

• 9. Kimosphere  |  November 4, 2014 at 7:11 AM

Thanks Jenny – I appreciate your confidence in me. :)) (and yes, the accountability…both helpful and scary!)

• 10. Snoskred  |  November 2, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Hey there, I found you via the NaBloPoMo blogroll.

I love your scarf. I have a scarf bar, which is basically over the door hooks to hold all my scarves. I do not have one like this yet, and already the bar is full. I will have to create a second one, methinks. 🙂

As part of NaBloPoMo I try to comment on as many participating blogs as I can, and I add participating blogs to my feed reader.

So I’m just dropping by to let you know I’ve added your blog to my feedreader, I’m reading you loud and clear, I have a link up going at my place so my readers can find participating blogs which you are more than welcome to add your blog link to.

Looking forward to seeing your posts, and you’ll likely see me drop by again during November.

Happy NaBloPoMo to you!
    Snoskred

• 11. Kimosphere  |  November 4, 2014 at 7:10 AM

Hi Snoskred,
      Thanks for stopping by my blog – I really appreciate it! I checked out your blogrolls, you’ve really got quite the cool set of lists going there. Very impressive. I’m new to NaBloPoMo so thanks for the welcome!

• 12. sarahas5  |  November 4, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Hi, you had me at “plus a cool teal scarf.” I’ve been contemplating taking up knitting since I got a new scarf from my sister-in-law and now feel I need so many more… and I live in Florida. Go figure. Love your take on NaBloPoMo (clicked on your link via Blogher’s NaBloPoMo blogroll), and I like your goal of limiting your posts to 250-300 words. I am doing NaBloPoMo again this year — though I have a new job and so much less time to think and write. I’ve already missed two of the four days (but got great excuses to blog about, of course)… Best wishes!